Principle of surgery
Management of Patient with Renal Insufficiency and Patient Receiving Hemodialysis
1. Avoid the use of drugs that depend on renal metabolism
or excretion. Mo.difythe dose if such drugs are –
2. Avoid’the .use of nephrotoxic drugs, such as nonsteroidal
antiinflammatory drugs .
3. Defer dental care until the day after dialysis has been
4. Consult physician concerning use of prophylactic
5. Monitor blood pressure and heart rate.
.6. Look for signs of secondary hyperparathyroidism.
.7. Consider hepatitis B screening before dental treatment.
Take hepatitis precautions if unable to screen for hepatits.